Part of being in a community is sharing our strengths, the things you do well and enjoy. For many people this happens in their daily work. The ministries of Peace also offer an opportunity to share your strengths at church and with the larger community. To learn more about these ministries, call the office at 763-478-9406.
- Worship Many people are needed to put on our services: worship planning, decorations, communion servers, acolytes, ushers and readers.
- Outreach Peace is active in many areas of outreach to the poor and needy, as well as advocacy for important causes.
- Education You can teach children in the Sunday School, Confirmation or Youth programs, assist with monthly intergenerational gatherings or share your knowledge by leading a discussion at the Adult Forum.
- Music There are opportunities for musicians of all ages, including children and youth, and at all levels of experience.
- Art Peace has many artists who bless us with art for worship and other programs.
- Hospitality Welcoming people on Sunday mornings, participating in our Welcome classes or meals for church events are just some of the ways to participate in hospitality.
- Spiritual Care. A group of members contacts and comforts those of us who have encountered illnesses or setbacks, to pray for those who have requested prayers, and to bring communion to those who can’t make it to church.
Health: Our faith community/parish nurse, Sondra, provides health education and counseling to Peace members who are facing health issues. The Health Ministry committee provides programs to improve physical, emotional and spiritual health. See the Health Ministries tab for more information.
- Leadership. The congregational council of the church is elected at the annual meeting. The council oversees the mission and vision of the church and monitors the progress of our strategic plan.